Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Listings in Directories to Help Promote Your Online Shop


Targeted handmade directories as well as general directories are another great way to promote your business. As I stated before, many of the social networking groups and some selling venues have directories where you can list your business, website, and online store.

Some directories offer just a listing with salient business information and others allow you to post photos of your work; it just depends on how the site is set up.

Specifically for jewelry artists, I am listed in the Home Based Jewelers Directory and also listed on their blog. I am also listed on Find It Handmade--a directory for all things handmade. I have listings at Luna Craft who offers free craft business, craft website, and craft blog listings.

As far as general directories, I am listed in the blog and Twitter directories of Loaded Web, which is a directory of businesses, blogs, and Twitter users as well as Twellow, the Twitter Yellow Pages.

I must confess I haven't committed to the task of sitting down and doing a search of possible directories...I simply sign up to those directories that I run across through researching or something catches my eye on Twitter or a blog. I do have a list of sites compiled that I gathered while browsing that I want to check out and use a litmus test of sorts...checking the last update, trying out a few links to see if the directory is up-to-date and worth listing my business there.

I know in the online marketing world, there is some debate as to whether directory listings are effective but I can only speak for my own results...and I must say that when I check Google Analytics, I receive referrals to my Etsy site and to my blog from the very targeted directories I am involved in.

So the choice is yours...next snowy day when you are stuck inside, this project might look good to you and ultimately help your business grow!



No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter