Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, June 07, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of June 6th!!


   
June starts off with a bang as we feature three new talented Indie Junction Artisans: Jana Webb of Janabolic, Libby Gardiner of I Heart Charlie and Pink Bauble, and Mary Judy of Mary Judy Ceramic Art Studio!
Let's start with Jana Webb, owner of Janabolic, which features handmade chainmaille earrings, necklaces, bracelets, and keychains all of which were created by opening, weaving, and closing hundreds of rings, one ring at a time.  Everything you see in Jana's shop can be customized to your specifications.  If you see something you'd like at a different length, color, or material, just send her a conversation!  Here's some things about the artist, in her own words: "A few things about me! My name is Jana, I have a great boyfriend, I have 6 little brothers and sisters, I like silly hats, I'm left handed, I've lived in Tennessee my whole life, I do a little of everything, but my favorite things are making jewelry, books, pin back buttons, knitting, and taking pictures, anything else you'd like to know? Just send me a conversation! (I'm also friendly :])"
Places to Find Jana:
And of course here at Indie Junction!!
Now let's take a look at some of Jana's beautiful chainmaille:
  
Our next featured Indie Junction Artisan is Libby Gardiner of  iheartcharlie and Pink Bauble.  iheartcharlie offers an eclectic selection Hand Crafted Textile items and Photography.  All of iheartcharlie's items are either one of a kind or a very limited edition. Each item is created with attention to detail and care.  In the artist's own words: "...I reside in the beautiful Margaret River Wine region in Western Australia. My shop name is in honour of my 2yr old Kelpie x Border Collie Charlotte, aka Charlie. My passion is photography but I also indulge in all things creative. This shop was originally intended to stock my photography but some how the textiles have taken a life of their own and the design label 'iheartcharlie' was born.  iheartcharlie is an eclectic mix of all the things that have occupied my spare time over the last couple of years and continue to do so.  All of my textile creations are original designs created by me and have been individually hand crafted with care. "
And here's what she has to say about her shop Pink Bauble, a shop featuring a creative selection of handmade beaded brooches and keychains:  "The brooches and keychains listed in this shop were created over a 12 month time frame.  I've got a box full ready to sell and a few more waiting to be finished. After these have gone they will not be recreated. Consequently each on is an individual one of kind creation."
If you'd like to find out more about Libby and her shops, follow her blog and Facebook page!
Now let's take a look at some of the wonderful things you will find in iheartcharlie:
  
And in Pink Bauble...
  
Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Mary Judy owner of Mary Judy Original Ceramic Art where you will find all original hand-built one-of-a-kind coLorful kooKy & fun ceramics! In the artist's own words: "I am an almost native of Colorado, living at just over 8,000 ft. I spend a LOT of time in my studio making the most colorful and kookiest ceramics. I am insired by COLOR, shape, form and movement. Always testing the limits of how far, how thin, how extreme I can make the mud.  Both fun & funktional, all of my work is one-of-a-kind, hand-built, original. All of it finished with non-toxic lead-free glazes -- making it safe to use for food or 10,000 other things."
Places to find Mary Judy:
Now let's take a look at some of the wonderful things created by Mary Judy:
  
Well, I hope you enjoy this week's Indie Junction Featured Artisans!  If you would like more information about Indie Junction simply click here. We're in the process of moving to our new home, so sign up at our wonderful new site and the rest of the community will join you soon! Indie Junction is a place where indie artisans across all genres form a synergy that helps each individual achieve their goals within the handmade industry.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter