Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Tips On Making An Etsy Treasury



An Etsy Treasury is a curated collection of Etsy items chosen by Etsy users. Each of these collections are posted on the Etsy Treasury page for a limited amount of time for buyers and sellers to look through.

Anyone with an Etsy account can create a treasury and they can choose anyone from the many Etsy shops available within the Etsy Universe to be a part of that treasury.

Usually these treasuries are themed by color or idea or concept. All the treasuries I have looked at are quite lovely. To your left is an example of an Etsy Treasury.

There are actually two treasury types of Etsy Treasuries: the traditional treasury and Etsy Treasury West. This gives you two opportunities to either put together a treasury or be chosen to be in one.

I ran across some resources that may prove helpful:

  • Rachel Lucie, Jewellry Designs posted a wonderful how-to on her blog. I picked this information up in one of the forums of Indiepublic and wow it was quite a find. Take a look for yourself! Don't forget to view the comments on this post because there is useful information there too! One commenter mentions the Storque Article on Treasuries as a good resource.
  • Here's a Treasury Tutorial from the Etsy Forums by Fishstikks that gave a lot of good information
  • I also found this blog post by Owl on the Sill that was very informative.
  • And once you make your first treasury, you will want to take a look at this post by Jessica Poundstone. I found this on Associated Content (AC) under Lifestyle, Crafts and Hobbies.
  • And I love this article on why we make Treasuries by Etsy shop owner saltandpaper!
Hope these help!

1 comment:

rachellucie said...

hello, just found your mention of my treasury blog post! thanks! glad you found it helpful, and hope some of your readers did too.

Rachel x

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo

    I am an MBA Jewelry Artisan and owner of Zur Designs.  I create handcrafted jewelry using only the highest quality materials such as sterling silver,semi-precious gemstones, swarovski crystals, and pearls.

    My designs are inspired by life, love, and the beauty that surrounds me from the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts to the wonderful beaches in Rhode Island...both I consider my home.