Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, March 14, 2010

Featured Indie Junction Artisans For The Week of March 14th!!


  
This week we have another fine group of Indie Junction Artisans!  Paul and Kate Studios, By The Bead, and Magpie Mine.
Let's start with Paul and Kate Studios featuring unique, handmade ceramics with a life of their own!  This husband and wife team bring different strengths to the process of creating their ceramics: "Paul focuses on the tactile qualities of clay- basing most of his work on pinch formed shapes and burnishing for a natural and organic feel. He enjoys the unpredictability and randomness of pit firings. Kate's work is biologically inspired. Sea life, microorganisms, and anatomy all visibly influence her choice of shape, texture, and color."  The couple was recently featured in this Storque article! And become a fan of Paul and Kate Studios on Facebook!
In the meantime, take a look at some of their wonderful ceramic pieces:
  
Our next Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Nancy Jones of By The Bead featuring lampwork glass, polymer clay, natural stone and other unusual beads formed into unique, colorful earrings, pendants and bracelets. All inspired by the bead.  In the artist's own words: "I have always had a passion for all things decorative. I've always worked in the artsy fields- display, interior design, faux finishing -I've had lots of exposure to many beautiful things, most of which, being in an artsy field, I could not afford.   I collected beads, which seemed affordable at the time. Finally, ten or so years later, I began to make earrings for myself, but I only have 2 ears, so I needed another outlet. Here we are."  You can follow Nancy on Twitter to keep up with what's going on with By The Bead.
In the meantime, take a look at some of the unique and wonderful jewelry you will find in her Etsy shop!
  
Our third featured Indie Junction artisan is Maggie Nemetz of Magpie Mine where you will find high resolution, copyright-free digital collage sheets to use for mixed media, collage, altered art, jewelry, crafts, and more — Use collage sheets for that inspired beginning to something creative that's yours alone!  In the artist's own words: "I am a graphic designer and artist.  I am like that most curious of birds, the magpie, always on the lookout for interesting, shiny objects. I love to collect things and squirrel them away in case I need them someday. I am in heaven browsing through Etsy! I love making collage sheets, and have discovered that I have too many ideas and not enough time! I find inspiration in everything I see around me."
Places to find Magpie Mine:
Take a look at some of the wonderful work for yourself!
  
I hope you have enjoyed taking a look at all of the talented Indie Junction artists featured this week!  Indie Junction is a place where artists across all mediums join together to Create.Love.Explore.Collaborate.Support.Learn.Grow!  If you would like to join us here at Indie Junction, simple click here!  Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter