Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Learning Something New!!

So a friend of mine is helping me learn some metal work techniques.  He has a full bench with all the tools needed to do excellent metal work.  I only have...erm...a hammer and jeweler saw so far so this is like a really great opportunity!!

I love the process of metal work!  Taking a piece from a hard lump of silver and making it into something so beautiful! So far I've made some simple sterling silver bands as presents for my nieces and this last visit, I took a sterling silver spoon from 1913 and transformed it into this magical ring!!  So, do you want to see it?

 This ring is available at my Etsy Shop; it's a size six but can be sized up or down.  If you're interested in a custom order, perhaps you have an old sterling silver spoon that you'd like to make into a special keepsake, you can convo me through Etsy.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo

    I am an MBA Jewelry Artisan and owner of Zur Designs.  I create handcrafted jewelry using only the highest quality materials such as sterling silver,semi-precious gemstones, swarovski crystals, and pearls.

    My designs are inspired by life, love, and the beauty that surrounds me from the Berkshire Mountains of Massachusetts to the wonderful beaches in Rhode Island...both I consider my home.