Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Learning Something New!!

So a friend of mine is helping me learn some metal work techniques.  He has a full bench with all the tools needed to do excellent metal work.  I only have...erm...a hammer and jeweler saw so far so this is like a really great opportunity!!

I love the process of metal work!  Taking a piece from a hard lump of silver and making it into something so beautiful! So far I've made some simple sterling silver bands as presents for my nieces and this last visit, I took a sterling silver spoon from 1913 and transformed it into this magical ring!!  So, do you want to see it?

 This ring is available at my Etsy Shop; it's a size six but can be sized up or down.  If you're interested in a custom order, perhaps you have an old sterling silver spoon that you'd like to make into a special keepsake, you can convo me through Etsy.

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter