Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 09, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of August 8th!!


Well, let's put our hands together for this week's Indie Junction Featured Artisans: all extraordinary talents:  Woody LooHeadchange, and CreatiKnit!!
Let's start with Woody Loo where you will find Joyful Usable Art using paper mache, felt, and pillowcases!  In the artist's own words: "I strive to create USABLE ART that will make people SMILE.  That's why I draw on pillowcases and not on paper, I recycle paper, plastic bottles and containers and transform them from waste into beautiful figurines and   castles. I love needle crafting felt too, so I make cute bunnies and adorable flower ponytails.   A year ago, a friend's Birthday wish for me was that I would DO WHAT I LOVE AND LOVE WHAT I DO.  Ever since then I've been trying to do just that:  I sit and draw, stitch and explore, creating for kids and kids at heart while using various materials.
I'm unveiling the results on etsy now, for you to enjoy."  You can follow Woody Lou on Facebook and Twitter!
Now let's take a peek at some of the wonderful things you will find at Woody Lou!!

Our second Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Headchange featuring handmade creations of all kinds: vintage prints, antique maps, collage kits, and supplies! In the artist's own words: "Husband and wife.  We live in a secluded little corner of the world. Bristol is nestled in the Appalachian mountains A place were hand crafting is a part of most every family in one form or another.  We spend the better part of our time together making things (sometimes just a big mess)."
Places to find Headchange:
Now let's look at some of the wonderful things you will find at Head Change!!

Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is CreatiKnit, featuring a variety of fun, handknit items from apple cozies to beautiful berets!  In the artist's own words: "I LOVE knitting and was absolutely hooked the moment I held knitting needles! It has always been very relaxing for me to work yarn through needles. I am a mom to 2 precious daughters and 1 adorable son. Both of my teen daughters are fascinated by Etsy and are discovering all the ins and outs of managing an online business. With all they are learning, I hope it helps them to one day be independent business women themselves."
Now let's take a look at some of the beautiful things at CreatiKnit!!

We hope you have enjoyed this week's featured Indie Junction Artisans!  Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  Indie Junction's new home is coming up on two months old!  Due to changes within Ning and incredible growth of our community, we have moved to a brand new home!  Many thanks to the design team of Nicky (co-owner) and her husband Steph for creating a wonderful site for all of our members!  With this new site we can not only continue to add value for our members but also keep the site free!  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!  We'll be waiting for you!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter