Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 16, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of August 15th!!


This week at Indie Junction, we are featuring three more wonderfully talented artisans: Kim from Among the Ruins, James from Jimbob Art, and Jennifer from Ella Joe Couture.
Let's start with Among the Ruins where you will discover handcrafted steampunk jewelry, gothic jewelry, handmade chains and wire jewelry. Kim, the shop owner, recycles vintage watches, skeleton keys and old jewelry.  In the artist's own words: "I am very down-to-earth and so is my jewelry. I love honesty and simplicity. I love natural raw materials. I love re-purposing old used up things, giving them new life. I love honoring things that deserve honor. Like a piece made 100 years ago on which the finish has worn off and left a beautiful patina - a hint of it's former youth, yet absolutely covered with the overwhelming beauty of having survived the ages. Edges are softened, corners are rounded. It is a gentler thing than it once was, a more valuable thing. There are so many kinds of beauty in the world, each with its own merit and place. As for me, I am most at home with old beauty, found among the ruins...I love taking old things and making them new again. Every piece I design is unique and one of a kind, and is made with the utmost care and passion."
Places to Find Among the Ruins:
Or stop by Chat on Indie Junction and say hi to Kim there!
Now let's take a look at some of Kim's wonderful creations!

Our second Indie Junction Featured Artisan is James Ward Designs who is owner of  Jimbob Art on Etsy, offering a range of original drawings and prints, clothing and crockery. Each piece is handmade and a one of a kind.  In the artist's own words: "I am an illustrator working in London. I hope to create something that is unique and special in each piece of work. My artwork has been displayed in galleries including Shoreditch Town Hall and Stroud House Gallery. If you'd like to commission drawings or prints, please email me with details.  The main focus of my work is Natural History and my drawings have a heavy narrative element. I create these narratives using both scale and anthropomorphising the animal subjects – giving them human motivations and behaviour set in unusual contexts or juxtapositions. The medium I invariably use is pen and ink and I am obsessed with Rotring pens (architect’s pens) as they allow me to produce finely detailed drawings."
Places to Find James Ward's work:
Now let's take a look at some of his wonderful work!

Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Jennifer of Ella Joe Couture where you will find handmade "Petite Chic" designs for your little one! All of these onesies are going to be handmade specifically for your princess or prince. All designs can be made in any size including adult unless otherwise stated in the item description as some of their items are One Of A Kind!  In the artist's own words: "I am a stay at home single mom! My lovely daughter Ella-Joe is my muse, my inspiration, my life and my love. I first started making headbands for her after I found only one in a store that I thought was soft enough for her little head! After spending much time perfecting my headwraps and bows I decided to throw some onesies together. To my surprise and sadness my onesies sold like hotcakes and my headwraps... nada! So, then my focus switched to what apparently the general public thought I did better. Now I am trying to find that balance of doing both equally as well. And, also be the absolute best mother I can! And, learn all the ins and outs of selling my goods online... Looks like I have a long list of things to accomplish! Please come on this journey with me!"
Places to find Ella Joe Couture:
Now let's take a look at some of the beautiful clothing you will find at Ella Joe Couture!
We hope you have enjoyed this week's featured Indie Junction Artisans!  Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  Indie Junction's new home is coming up on two months old!  Due to changes within Ning and incredible growth of our community, we have moved to a brand new home!  Many thanks to the design team of Nicky (co-owner) and her husband Steph for creating a wonderful site for all of our members!  With this new site we can not only continue to add value for our members but also keep the site free!  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!  We'll be waiting for you!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter