Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, August 30, 2010

Indie Junction's Featured Artisans for the Week of August 29th!!





Let's close out August with some noise...give a round of applause for this week's fabulous Indie Junction Artisans:   Speranza Jewelry, Tattoo Mike, and Stitch*n*Tyme!!

Let's start with Lisa from Speranza Jewelry!  From modern eclectic to shabby chic, you'll find handmade necklaces, bracelets, and earrings here that have been made with loving attention to detail.  In the artist's own words:  "I am a part-time jewelry maker based in Annapolis, Maryland. By day I work for a television news agency in Washington, D.C. But during evenings and weekends, I spend my time immersed in color and form in the small corner of my home I call my jewelry studio.  My little tabletop studio has become a place of refuge from the digital images and rhetoric of Washington politics. As Pablo Picasso said, 'The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.'  When I sit down to work with gemstones and metal, it quiets my mind and reminds me that in a world fraught with conflict, art can be a universal language and a bridge between cultures.  Art gives us hope for the future. Hence the name 'Speranza,' which means 'hope' in Italian."

Places to Find Speranza Jewelry:
Now let's take a peek at the wonderful jewelry you will find at Speranza Jewelry!!
Our next Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Tattoo Mike where you will find Mike's original artwork and tattoo art as well as the work of other featured artists.  The work you will find there by Mike and the guest artists is quite incredible so you owe it to yourself to check it out.  In the artist's own words: "I am an artist. I love to draw and tattoo. I have been drawing for as long as I can remember. I work mainly with pencil and pen. Also colored pencil and I sometimes paint. I have been a professional tattoo artist for the past 8 years."  A special shout out to Mike for putting an Indie Junction link on his site as well as links to a few of his favorite Indie Junction artisans!!
Now let's take a look at the incredible artwork of Tattoo Mike!!

Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Stitch*n*Tyme where you will find fabric flower hair clips, bookmarks, pincushions, upcycled rag coasters and various other handcrafted goodies.  In the artist's own words: "I am an artisan living in Arizona, the wild, wild West. I started my home based business in 2006 and found the courage to take it on line in 2007.  In my prior life I was a numbers cruncher for 25 years. Loved what I did, but I always loved working with my hands in various mediums. Sewing, cross stitch, painting (which I took up about four years ago), working with polymer clay and embroidery. I find working with different mediums so exciting!  Besides my business, I have several passions in my life. My granddaughters, four of them! My three grown children, my two gorgeous dogs, Sierra, a Chow, Black Lab mix and Beau Cymba Deuce, a gorgeous Golden Retriever and sometimes my husband (ha!). I am a life long resident of Arizona, UGH!"
Places to find Stitch n Tyme:
And now let's take a peek at what you will find in this beautiful shop!

We hope you have enjoyed this week's featured Indie Junction Artisans!  Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!  We'll be waiting for you!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter