Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Etsy Success Holiday Boot Camp

So like many of you sellers on Etsy, I joined the Etsy Success Holiday Boot Camp.  Here's what we did for Week #1.  We posted a forum on our Indie Junction site to support one another in this effort!  The first week, we all took a pledge: 
I, ______________, pledge to participate in the Etsy Success Holiday Boot Camp to the best of my abilities. I vow to check in every week, do my homework and support my fellow Holiday Boot Campers. I will read the weekly newsletters and blog posts, check in on the weekly forum thread, read the weekly blog post, check off the checklists and salute the mascot. I promise to share what I've learned with those who need it, support my fellow Etsy indiepreneurs and, most of all, have a positive and persistent attitude. I understand that together we can spread the word about our handmade and vintage goods, making this holiday season a more unique and meaningful one to gift givers and give-ees everywhere! 

We chose a mascot and I was so happy to see that Lou the Monster was chosen!!  He was clearly the best choice, don't you think?
And then we were asked to create a mission statement...something we could refer to when in the midst of the holiday rush.  Here's mine:
Mission Statement:
This holiday season what I’d like to do for my customers and people who take the time view my designs:
1. go far out of the box creatively to keep my design style new and fresh and different–a lasting piece of jewelry they can cherish for years to come or for browsers simply inspire them
2. have a well-stocked shop with lots of variety
3. have excellent customer service served with some holiday cheer
4. continue to promote other handmade artists
5. collectively promote the value of handmade

And of course, make it a warm and wonderful holiday season!
And if we all end up looking like Lou at the end of it...we have done our jobs!!
For those of you who want to join...there's still time.  Here's some links to get you started!
Etsy Success Newsletter
Facebook Event Page
Etsy Blog Post
Week One Forum Post
So maybe I'll see you at boot camp!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter