Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, October 11, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of October 10th!!


Happy Thanksgiving Weekend to all our Canadian Friends...Happy Columbus Day Weekend here in the United States! Let's celebrate this week with three wonderful Indie Junction Artisans!  A round of applause for Carmen from Baublezptoa and BananaMiranda, Chelsea from Illustrations a la Mode, and Penelope of Mythology Patterns and her daughter from Flowered Dreams!

Let's begin with Carmen from Baublezptoa and BananaMiranda. Here you will find pendants made with Precious Metal Clay and some blends of this silver with gemstones.  In the artist's own words: "Artisan Jewelry has always held a fascination for me, and I have been making different versions of it for a long time starting with beads and now at my current favorite medium, Precious Metal Clay.  This shop is dedicated to those jewelry endeavors even though beads and gemstones manage their way into my jewelry, no matter what.  BananaMiranda holds most of those.   I love to be in my studio making things, and I love my wonderful husband who knows how important it is to me.   And I love animals, all kinds, and think as humans, it is our responsibility to love and protect them.   I am very interested and active in providing sanctuary to the lost and unwanted pets out there, and donate a portion of all of my sales to Best Friends Sanctuary. I also share stories and pictures of my beloved pets in my blogs among the pictures of my jewelry!   I am simply making my way, like all of you out there, and I do hope that something in my shops will entice you into a smile."

Places to find Carmen:
Now let's take a look at the beautiful creations you will find in Baublezptoa!
And take a peek at the wonderful designs you will find in Banana Miranda!
Our next Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Chelsea from Illustrations a la Mode where you will find prints, ACEOs, bookmarks, and custom  completely hand-drawn fashion illustrations!  In the artist's own words: " I am Chelsea Easley, and I am a 20 year old fashion design major currently residing in lovely Los Angeles, CA.  I have been enamored by the world of fashion from a very young age, and have made to move to LA to attend FIDM and realize my passion for the industry into a career.  I've decided to beginning to branch out, and if Im going to be worked to death sketching for my classes, I figured I should try and share my art with fellow fashionites : )  I truly hope you enjoy my work!"
Places to find Chelsea:

Now let's take a look at her wonderful work!
Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Penelope of Mythology Patterns where you will find easy to understand and sew, digitized patterns in all sizes.  In the artist's own words: "I started designing patterns after struggling with store bought patterns that never seemed to fit right or have clear instructions. I love sewing and making things and I'm really happy to have made an easier, more enjoyable way to sew.  When you purchase one of my patterns, you are automatically entered into that month's drawing to win one of my patterns for free."  Follow her blog for sewing tips and new designs and promotions! Penelope also helps her 11 year old daughter  with her shop, Flowered Dreams, featuring designs adorned with handmade flowers!
Let's take a look at some of the patterns you will find at Mythology Patterns! Aren't these just the most beautiful models?
And let's take a look at her daughter's shop!
We hope you have enjoyed this week's Indie Junction Featured Artisans!  We are so proud to have these talented artisans as part of our Indie Junction community! Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!  We'll be waiting for you!!

Indie Junction is having a community-wide contest!  It's called Bannerama where we are asking members to stretch their creativity and design a new banner for our site!  It is open to all those who join our community!  Check out the details here!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter