The first thing I did was drag the ⚲Pin It link to my bookmarks bar. This way, anywhere I am on the web, I can add something that strikes me to one of my boards...or start a new board based on what I've found.
There are many different boards you can make. You can customize the default boards you receive on your page and add as many new types of boards as you want.
I have just begun to play with the different boards as a promotional tool for my Etsy Shop and to help promote my fellow handmade artisans. I created one for my jewelry designs, one for treasuries that I have been featured in and for the ones I've curated. I have a board for blog posts that either have featured me, posts from my own blog where I featured other artisans, and plan to use it to gather together really good blogs to read. I also have a board of all the things on Etsy I love. And here's one I made about Favorite Places and Spaces...
There are many different creative ideas for individual boards:
- How about a storyboard? This is one of my favorite ways to map out future goals!
- Create a board to plan a wedding, an special event, or even help choose a vacation spot
- Use a board to develop a design or DIY project
- How about a Recipe or food board...low fat, gluten free, or just plain yummy
- A Gift Idea Board...a great way to organize gift ideas for family and friends