Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Indie Junction's Featured Artisans for the Week of April 25th!!


  
Let's wrap up April with some dynamite Indie Junction Artisans: Moonlight Sally and Sally RagsWade Oaks, andDestiny's Creations and Janice's second shop Points of Hue!
Let's start with Moonlight Sally which features wonderful crocheted and sewn items such as dish cloths, bath puffs, snack on-th-go bags...and much more!!  In the artist's own words: "I have been crafting and creating since I was a young girl. I have an addiction to fabric and have the stash to prove it. I love color, design and texture. I am also very fond of most yarn, especially cotton yarn. Every day I need to sew, crochet or add to my stash.  I have what my sister calls Firefly Syndrome. I am often onto another project, and have 2 more in my head, before I finish the first. Fortunately, I almost always go back and finish projects. This explains the variety in my shop. My other shop is SallyRags. It's various items crocheted from recycled or new fabric.  I come from a long line of creative people..."  Be sure to follow Moonlight Sally and Sally Rags on Twitter!
Now take a look at some of the wonderful things you will find in these two shops:
  
  
Our next featured artisan is Wade Oaks!  Here you will find unique tshirts and onesies for babies, toddlers and kids that feature original, handmade knitted appliques with a contemporary, cozy feel. In the artist's own words: "Hi! I'm Stacey Harper, mom of two boys, designer, knitter and creator of Wade Oaks. I love to knit and love the knit applique - it has great texture, can take the form of unlimited shapes and has so many possible applications. However, most of the patterns I came across seemed stuck in the dark ages. So I was inspired to create my own collection of modern, fun shapes that would appeal to kids and parents with an eye for great color combinations and good design."
Places to Find Wade Oaks
Now take a look at some of the wonderful things you'll find at Wade Oaks!!
  
Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Destiny's Creations featuring artisan crafted silver jewelry for the eco-conscious fashionista. I use silver and resin to create modern and necklaces, earrings and rings inspired by nature with vibrant pops of color.  In her own words: "As a jewelry artist, my passion is to create wearable works of art to adorn women. My creations are inspired by my desire to make women feel beautiful. I love clean shapes, whimsical yet elegant designs, as well as, combining materials and colors.  I work with Art Clay Silver, fine silver, sterling silver, gold-filled wire, artisan glass lampwork beads, swarovski crystals, and unique precious and semi precious gemstones, to create limited edition or one of a kind jewelry pieces. "
Places to find Destiny's Creation:
Here are some of her gorgeous creations!
  
Also take a look at her second shop called Points of Hue!
  
Well, that's it for this weeks feature!  Hope everyone enjoyed reading about these wonderful Indie Junction Artisans!   Indie Junction is a place where artists across all mediums join together to Create.Love.Explore.Collaborate.Support.Learn.Grow!  If you would like to join us here at Indie Junction, simply click here!  Have a wonderful week!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter