Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 05, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of July 4th!!


  
Let the fireworks begin with this week's Indie Junction Featured Artisans: Steve  of Cherished Stained Glass, Audrey ofAudrey Garden Lady, and Kim from Candied Beauty!
Let's start off with Cherished Stained Glass specializing in stained glass in all its forms.  In the artist's own words: "Stained Glass found me, rather than me finding it, as a very young lad admiring the glass windows in the Churches of England or from a doorway in the entrance to a Victorian home.  I was amazed at how they threw their colours over the white washed inner walls, with such stunning effects.  I suppose it was inevitable that one day it would become a big part of who I was to become. My work comes from the heart. From the design stage it is usually a feeling or an inspiration that guides me through to the day it’s finished, where that initial spark of intuition becomes a reality and something I am proud of.  After years of making panels, sun catchers and lamps for our home and as gifts I had my 'Eureka' moment and decided to take what I had learnt, go with my feelings and set up Cherished Stained Glass.  I care about the pieces I make and feel that there is something of me in every single one of them.  That I suppose is where the business name comes from as 'Cherished' is exactly how I would like my customers to feel about the pieces that they purchase. As the feedback suggests, many seem to do just that."
Places to find Cherished Stained Glass in addition to primary website:
Steve is also part of the journalism team of Handmade and Fabulous!
Now let's take a look at some of the wonderful work you will find at Cherished Stained Glass!
  
Our next featured Indie Junction Artisan is the owner of Audrey Garden Lady where you will find affordable gemstone jewelry and other art  inspired by Audrey's love of nature and gardening!    In the artist's own words: "My name is Audrey but the kids call me Garden Lady because I teach organic gardening, as a volunteer, to children at my son's school. It is a particularly rewarding experience.  I love the outdoors and am inspired to create by what I see in nature. I have been an artist pretty much most my life in various mediums from early crayons, paint, playdough and even mud then later Sculpy clay, water colors, acrylics, fine papers and now jewelry. Paper sculpture is one of my great loves. Creating unique jewelry pieces has become a passion as well. It is a blessing to be able to enhance others lives through art and gardening.  After a fourteen year career as a branch manager of a bank, I left that world to become a SAHM who is actually not home a lot, though I am a homebody. I am a wife to an awesome husband, mother of a wonderful son, chief cook, bottle washer and homemaker, volunteer at school and Boy Scouts, and Church, and in my community and enjoy it very much."
Places to find Audrey Garden Lady:
Now let's take a look at some of the wonderful things you will find at Audrey Garden Lady!
  
Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Kim of Candied Beauty, featuring luxurious bath products made using only the finest, high quality ingredients and with loads of LOVE and attention! Vegetarian! Cruelty Free! Paraben Free! SLS/SLES Free! Made Fresh to Order!  It's a bath bakery and beauty bar!!  Take a peek at this video to learn more about Candied Beauty!



Places to Find Candied Beauty:
Now let's take a look at some of the yummy bath products from Candied Beauty!
  
We hope you have enjoyed this week's featured Indie Junction Artisans!  Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  Indie Junction now officially has a new home!  Due to changes within Ning and incredible growth of our community, we have moved to a brand new home!  Many thanks to the design team of Nicky (co-owner) and her husband Steph for creating a wonderful site for all of our members!  With this new site we can not only continue to add value for our members but also keep the site free!  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!
For those in the US and all around the world who are celebrating the 4th of July or are still celebrating Canada Day this weekend...hope it's a safe and wonderful holiday for all!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter