Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, July 12, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of July 11th!!


This week's featured artisans are as sizzling as the summer heat! Put your hands together for Mandy, owner of Fuchst Bags, Sue of Glass 4 Him, and Theresia of Silver Moon Crafts!!  In one of those funny coincidences that happen in life, today happens to be both  Sue's birthday and Theresia's as well!  Happy, Happy Birthday to both of you!! We missed Mandy by a few months...she was January 11th!
Let's start with Fuchst Bags, a shop that combines functional, chic, and stylish handmade handbags with unique designs and impeccable craftsmanship.  In the artist's own words: "have been sewing and pattern making since graduating from college in Fashion Design in 1988. I have since been making wedding gowns, bridesmaid dresses, drapery, cushions, and handbags. I also design and handcraft my personal line of jewelry.  My inspiration for designing and making handbags came when my first child was born. I could not find a carry-on bag that was both functional and modern for a new mom like me. All the diaper bags I found on the market were mostly printed with teddy bear prints. As I like to look good and fashionable, I could not accept the fact that there was nothing out there for me. Therefore, I designed and produced a hands-free design diaper bag that went around my waist. I used colourful fabric and leather trim to add some glamour. Ever since then, I was hooked on designing and making handbags, and that's when Fuchstbags was born.  All of my handbags are a labour of love as I personally design and handcraft each piece with attention to detail. I hope you like what you see! "
Places to Find Fuchst Bags:
Now let's take a look at some of the wonderful designs you will find at Fuchst Bags!


Our next Featured Indie Junction Artisan is Sue from Glass 4 Him, featuring art glass for your life, your home, your spirit... In the artist's own words: "I fell in love with glass when I saw Christopher Ries's sculptures how they could capture light. That was many years ago, and after taking classes at Corning Glass, and learning from glass artist Sasha Zhitneva on fusing basics, I'm more in love with it then ever. I am fascinated with cameo glass, and have been experimenting with the technique, with results that I'm happy and excited about. The world can be a discouraging and frightening place at times. My philosophy and theme is simply to show light in darkness. I welcome custom orders, and I love a challenge! It's my hope to combine my two loves of fusing and carving glass to give you jewelry and items for your home that will bring some light into your life, your home and your spirit."
Places to Find Glass 4 Him
Now let's take a look at some of the wonderful glass work by Sue from Glass 4 Him:

Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Theresia from Silver Moon Crafts, where you will find classic semi precious gemstone and pearl jewelry created with quality materials.  In the artist's own words: "An avid crafter and lover of jewelry my two passions came together when I discovered I could make my own jewelry. I started making simple strung pieces over 7 years ago and have been learning new techniques since. I'm also a stay at home grandma to a toddler who keeps me on my toes and keeps me young. I hope to one day share my passion with her and teach her to "play" with pretties. "  Silver Moon Crafts also features some wonderful jewelry supplies!
Places to find Silver Moon Crafts:
Now let's take a look at some of the beautiful things you will find at Silver Moon Crafts!
We hope you have enjoyed this week's featured Indie Junction Artisans!  Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  Indie Junction now officially has a new home!  Due to changes within Ning and incredible growth of our community, we have moved to a brand new home!  Many thanks to the design team of Nicky (co-owner) and her husband Steph for creating a wonderful site for all of our members!  With this new site we can not only continue to add value for our members but also keep the site free!  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter