Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, December 21, 2009

Fire Tree Sterling Silver and Crystal Necklace

I am not a winter person. For those of you who are, I congratulate you, you are much more in touch with your environment than I. Check back in summer...that's where I am in my warm and toasty element!

There are, however, a few things I do like about winter: being snowed in, warm and cozy, enjoying the company of someone you really care about. I also love the muffled sounds in the street when snow his falling; making the world a quieter place. And I love the vividness of winter sunsets on cold, cold days.

I remember back to one such sunset. I was out cross country skiing with a companion. We were heading back to the car and stopped to share a coffee from a thermos he kept hooked to his belt at all times. Huddling together for warmth, we watched a vivid winter sunset unfold and filter through the mountains and cast a beautiful glow on a large pine tree. It made that tree ignite with color: yellow, golds, oranges, fiery reds, and even the cool white heat of the color blue. He turned to me and said, "Fire Tree".

This necklace brings me back to that day. The Swarovski Baroque Pendant reminds me of a tree and the facets of that crystal create all the colors that make it truly a "Fire Tree".

The necklace is 16" long and is on a sterling silver chain. The pendant is held in place by a simple sterling silver bail. A small swarovski crystal AB teardrop pendant hangs beside the pendant which adds more color and sparkle to the piece. An antique style sterling silver clasp rounds out this design.

Fire Tree can be purchased at my Etsy Shop! It will come beautifully gift wrapped and ready for giving. Is there someone on your list that would appreciate Fire Tree?

Happy Holidays from Zur Designs!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter