Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, December 01, 2009

The Friendship Pendant


I've been thinking a lot about a friend of mine that I don't see too often anymore but still talk to quite frequently. It's one of those friendships that no matter what our own personal circumstances and no matter how much time passes, we are the same when we get together and it's like no time has passed at all. And when we need one another for support or even just a kind face; we know that we can count on one another--no questions asked.

Those are the types of friendships I value...friends that are almost like family and will always have a very special place in my heart.

As I was thinking about all this I realized that there should be a special piece of jewelry to commemorate this type of friendship. Hence, the Friendship Pendant was born. I incorporated a special Celtic knot into the design because to me, the Celtic knot symbolizes the timeless nature of the human spirit, of love, and of life itself.

I used a square rhyolite bead as the focal piece because the black and gray and blue of that gorgeous stone reminds me of a clear night sky the color of midnight blue that only reinforces the feeling that some things last for an eternity. The squatty little blue swarovski crystal perched on a bali spacer on top of the stone just draws out the blue even more. Then I placed the pendant on a 25" sterling silver chain with a toggle clasp.

The Friendship Pendant can be purchased at my Etsy Shop. Perhaps you have a friend that would appreciate this timeless piece to symbolize a friendship that lasts forever!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter