Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

New Valentine Listing!!

I once had a friend say to me that he didn't like when people said, "I love you," and expected it in return. He said the reason it bothered him was that it made it too commonplace a phrase, like "see you later!' and wasn't a strong enough expression for what being in love really felt like. Yet he didn't feel comfortable replying with something a bit closer to his feelings such as "you are part of my own skin". It was as if what he felt was beyond love...and saying "I love you" simply wasn't enough.

So the other day I started thinking about a love like that...it was self-assured, confident, and impenetrable and I started to wonder what a design would look like that would capture that feeling of love. I realized that it would definitely glow.

So I used my shiniest crystal, and even used my shiniest chain, a diamond cut sterling silver, that glittered in the light. I added shiny charms, one of them a bright red sterling silver heart and some red and clear swarovski crystals dangling from the side.

And I called it "Love Squared". Love Squared is 19" end to end and can be purchased in my Etsy Shop.

Happy Valentines Day!!

2 comments:

Zoe said...

Hi, I've awarded you a Sunshine Blog Award! You can find it HERE

Unknown said...

This necklace is beautiful! And I enjoyed the story too, though I disagree with saying "I love you". I don't think you can ever say it too much to the people who really matter in your life.

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter