Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artistans for The Week of January 31st!!



Well, it's time once again for a new round of Indie Junction Featured Artisans! This week we are featuring Benjamin Krudwig, 2 Girls in Trouble/LuvZit, and Scribbles and Nibs! You are going to love these shops!

Let's start with our first artisan, Benjamin Krudwig who creates sustainable crochet products made using natural fibers, renewable or reused resources. In this artisan's own words: "Over a year ago, I learned a Japanese craft called amigurami from my friend. She made cool Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle dolls for her little brothers. I wanted to learn how to make them and other items, so I set off on a journey. A few web-pages, and a trip to my local bookstore later, I had begun teaching myself how to crochet.

"My first few projects came out looking like, well, a few first projects. I kept at the craft and continued to learn. I found that crocheting was much easier for me than knitting to make patterns that I really liked. After a couple of months I branched off and started making hats with my own patterns, and eventually scarves. I primarily make hats, scarves, and amigurumi. If you need anything else crocheted, I can custom make it for you."

Places where you can find Benjamin Krudwig:

Take a look at a few of Benjamin's creations!


Our next featured Indie Junction artisan is Mary Madonna from 2 Girls in Trouble and LuvZit. 2 Girls in Trouble features fun whimsical jewelry. The artisan quotes Ben Crenshaw in saying, "'There are many things in life that will catch your eye. But only a few will catch your heart.' I hope my pieces catch your eye, catch your heart, and inspire you."

Here are some offerings from Mary Madonna's first shop 2 Girls in Trouble!


And here are some designs from her LuvZit shop:


You can find Mary Madonna on Twitter and on her blog!

Our third wonderful Indie Junction Artisan is Andie Freeman of Scribbles and Nibs! In the artist's own words, "creative goodies await you...beautiful art jewelry, illustration prints for kids and adults, all occasion cards, pillowcases and so much more! I am a fine artist and award-winning graphic designer/illustrator with over 15 years of experience in my field.

"I have been creative for as long as I can remember! My cousin and I used to play "craft show" every summer and were determined to be the first Martha Stewart (at the time, no one had heard of her) but mostly we made shell art because that's all we had. I am a mom-graphic designer-artist-crafter-preneur. Jobs I've had are (not in this order): cocktail waitress, graphic designer, publisher for a family magazine, owner too, photography assistant, portrait painter, illustrator, golf course photographer. No really, I took pictures of golfers as they were tee-ing off to sell to them on the 18th.

My favorite job is this one... creating everyday, making new items that bring people joy. "

Take a look at some of Andie's wonderful designs!


You can find Andie at her primary Scribbles and Nibs website, Andie's art site, Andie's illustration portfolio site, Facebook, Twitter, and her blog.

I hope you have enjoyed your visit today with these three fabulous Indie Junction artisans! If you would like more information about Indie Junction simply click here. Indie Junction is a place where indie artisans across all genres form a synergy that helps each individual achieve their goals within the handmade industry.


No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter