Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Wednesday Window Shopping on Etsy!



This week continues our celebrate grads theme with some inspirational gifts for graduates!  If you'd like to see my picks for cards, read last week's post here!


Now for my selections for some inspirational gifts for grads:


Here's a gift that is unique and different, it's called a Wish Flower Plate created by Joy Elizabeth Ceramics.  It comes in a variety of colors and is beautiful grouped with others and displayed as wall art but can be used functionally also. It's simplistic design is fresh and inspiring for summer time decor. Wishflowers are dandelions that have gone to seed, blow on them and make a wish...wonderful for a graduation gift...or for whatever you are wishing for!!  


In the artist's own words: "Ever since I can remember I have loved art. It is my life along with my sweet, sweet, musician husband and adorable son. During the day I am an art teacher, and by night and weekend I work on my pottery. I love nature, walking my dogs, James and Ginger, and hanging out with my family. I love all things handmade, especially if they are not perfect!  I love to draw and paint and think of clay as an extension of that medium. I am all about surface decoration."  Take a peek at this wonderful Etsy shop filled with wonderful designs in clay!

How about this wonderful inspirational print by Mae Chevrette Art?  This is a 19" x 13" print of "To Be Brave" with a thin white border for framing purposes. Printed on premium archival fine art paper with archival Epson pigment inks. Print is lightly signed and dated on back by the artist. will arrive very lovingly packaged in a cello sleeve with stiff foam backing in a non-bendable mailer. Print comes unframed; any frame in image picture is for example purposes only. 

 From the artist about the original: 
"'To Be Brave' is an original, one of a kind mixed media painting on canvas, made with found paper, lettering, paint, magazine clippings, maps and polaroid photos. This piece would be perfect as a gift to a new student, recent grad, friend who is moving or anyone who needs extra encouragement in their next adventure."


Take a look at this wonderful Etsy shop dedicated to Mae's original artwork and archival fine art prints! And be sure to read her artist's statement, under her profile! Talk about inspirational!



I must admit, this is a favorite quote of mine and a perfect one for a new grad ready to take  on the world!  "You must be the change you want to see in the world." Mahatma Gandhi 

BE THE CHANGE by Lisa's Pieces at LP Jewelry is hand-stamped onto an energetic handcut sterling silver spiral. Stars (astericks) flank each side of the sentiment. The bail is also sterling silver. The pendant measures 1 7/8" long from the top of the bail by 1 1/2" wide. The spiral is signed Lisa's Pieces and hallmarked sterling.
The pendant hangs from a 16" stainless steel choker with a magnetic clasp. 

In the artist's own words: "I have been designing, handcrafting and selling jewelry at Art Shows and in stores for over fifteen years under the business name Lisa's Pieces. My jewelry is fun, unique and definitely makes a statement. I use an eclectic range of materials but my current favorites are sterling silver, fine silver, enamel and fused glass. I love that even if I try I can never get two pieces exactly alike with the fused glass. I love tools and new techniques for using them especially those involving adding texture and dimension to my work.  My jewelry is meant to be worn and just as comfortable with a top and jeans as with a business suit."  Be sure to browse through Lisa's shop...you'll be glad you did!

Well, hope these artists inspired you and pointed you in the direction of some wonderful gift ideas for some grads on your list.  Graduation is such a wonderful benchmark in the lives of young people...and nowadays even the old!  If I had to choose one piece of advice to give to any grad, I'd take my cues from Ralph Waldo Emerson: Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter