Pages

Facebook Send

Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, September 13, 2010

Indie Junction Featured Artisans for the Week of September 12th!!


This week we have three more wonderful Indie Junction Artisans!  Let's give a warm welcome to Heart Attack Couture,Jewelry by Jaclyn, and Swipxa!!
Let's start with Ashley from Heart Attack Couture! In the artist's own words: "I'm Ashley, 22 years old, living in beautiful San Diego--and I love to sew! I mostly make pretty dresses, but I also like to create jewelry, felt plushies, and other various arts'n'crafts. My dream is to work in fashion, so this is what I'm doing to begin accomplishing that. I don't sell everything I make, but I need to sell some so I can get the supplies to indulge in my passion!  It is my duty to shower the world in cuteness!"  Don't forget to follow Ashley's blog and Facebook page!!
Now let's take a look at some of the designs you will find at Heart Attack Couture!!
Our next Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Jewelry by Jaclyn which is a wonderfully eclectic shop where you will find jewelry and cards in a style from the bohemian and hippie to the adorable and girly to the sophisticated and classic to the punk and edgy- so there is something for everyone!  In the artist's own words: "I've been a creative person my whole life and can find beauty and inspiration in almost anything and I believe that is reflected in my work, as I have an array of styles.  I started making jewelry in high school hoping I could make items I didn't see in stores- I wanted something unique- something that no one else would have. It became somewhat of an obsession and definitely an outlet for coping with the standard pressures one encounters in high school. During my first year of college I started selling at home shows and craft fairs and have continued to do so ever since.   As for the card-making- it just kind of happened.
Someone gave my mom a bunch of stamps, ribbons, inks, and other supplies for me thinking that I might like to try card-making. I fell in love with it immediately, putting my long-time scrapbook skills to use. Now I'm completely addicted to stamps and paper.  For purely recreational purposes I scrapbook, sew and color in coloring books. :)
Outisde of arts and crafts, I play the flute and piano, spend time with friends and family, and read as many books as time allows."  You can follow Jewelry by Jaclyn on Twitter!
And now let's take a look at some of the wonderful creations you will find in her shop!
Our third Indie Junction Featured Artisan is Zhang from  Swipxa where you will find a selection of  100% HANDMADE papercut items.  Each piece of artwork takes many hours of focus, wise cutting and passion - these things a machine could never give you.  In the artist's own words: "I am a creative and crafty man who lives in China that would like to share my artistic ability with people from all over the world. I spend most of my spare time making papercuts so you could say I have an obsession.  I first learned this intricate art from my grandparents. They had family business selling art in a shop along the art street in downtown as well they taught in an Art School and spent most of their time -even their last days- on the art they were obsessed with. Later, my grandparents passed away in same month and I had to continue my training on my own. That was ten years ago now.  Now the family members are like scattered sands, busy with careers and busy lives in different places. Papercuts is not the family business anymore as no one seems to have the love of this craft anymore, the popularity has dropped off. I hope to carry on this old tradition among the young people of China and everywhere else in the World."
Let's take a look at the beautiful art you will find at Swipxa!
Hope you have enjoyed this week's Indie Junction Featured Artisans!  Isn't it amazing all the wonderfully talented people we have assembled here?  Indie Junction is a wonderful community that brings together artisans from across all mediums in the spirit of collaboration, support and growth.  For more information about Indie Junction, please go here!  We'll be waiting for you!!

No comments:

Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter